CHIME KnowledgeHub is a one-stop shop to access case studies and solutions for addressing today’s complicated health IT landscape. The hallmark of the tool is peer-reviewed content development of CHIME members and CHIME Foundation Partners for CHIME members.
What is a White Paper?
White papers are persuasive essays, written in a somewhat academic style, with no direct quotes from the vendor. A white paper may use a problem/solution structure but rarely a before/after structure. White papers help in visualizing a possible solution to a nagging problem.
What is a Case Study?
Case studies are extended testimonials on how a product or service helped someone in the real world, written in a journalistic style with many quotes from the participants.
Attested Content Guidelines
- Not judged a promotional/sales piece
- Emphasis placed on conveying the solution process rather than the solution itself (i.e. how something was accomplished as opposed to what was accomplished
- Names of collaboration CHIME members included (if applicable)
- CHIME Foundation Partners can submit up to two case studies or white papers per month
- Each complete, eligible submission is carefully evaluated
- Reviewers evaluate each submission based on the following criteria:
- Formatting is consistent with that of a white paper or case study
- CHIME member CIO name is included (if applicable)
- Foundation Partner has not met maximum allotment of submissions within the month
- White paper or case study is not a promotional piece/sales pitch
- Content and concepts are practical and innovative
- All submissions will be reviewed within five business days, and primary contact will receive notification of the following:
- Confirmation of submission
- Evaluation details – accepted, needs review, etc.
- Posted to KnowledgeHub portal
If you have any further questions about the submission and evaluation process, please contact Spenser Staebler at firstname.lastname@example.org.